Teapot Kyusu Banko ware - Green - 450 ml/cc - Stainless Mesh - Oribe
- $32.20 (You save $8.05)
- We ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment.
- Calculated at checkout
Expedited Int'l Shipping（Express）
Item location: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Varies for items shipped from an international location
Seller ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment.
|Returns:||Please refer the return policy in detail.|
** This item is made hand so it may have a little difference in color and drape. It may take time (a few weeks) from your order to shipping. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.**
- Banko-yaki dates back to the mid-Edo period, when a kiln was opened in what is now Mie Prefecture.
- Banko-yaki includes a wide variety of pottery ranging from tableware, vases, and other vessels that add color to daily life to industrial product molds.
- Over the past 300 years, Banko-yaki has developed into one of Japan's leading pottery production centers, continuing the tradition of Banko-yaki.
- Banko-yaki teapots spread throughout Japan at the end of the Edo period (1603-1868), along with Sencha (green tea), which began to be popular among the general public.
- Today, the most famous type is the "Shidei kyusu," which is made from iron-rich clay and fired by a method called "Kangen".
- In 1979, it was designated a national traditional craft as "Yokkaichi Banko-yaki.
- Banko ware (Mie Prefecutre)
- Ceramic / Pottery
- Stainless Mesh
- 15 oz (450 ml/cc)
- We recommend wash it with water (hand wash) when washing it.
- Please do not use any chemical detergent or automatic dishwasher.
- Do not use a metal sponge (scrubbing brush).
- Do not use a direct fire.
- Please handle with care as it's fragile. (If it is damaged, it cannot be repaired.)