- Tetsubin kettle pot
- Rectangle Kotetsubin - Hemp & Saya - 500ml/cc - Small Iron Teapot Kettle
IRON KETTLE TEAPOT
Rectangle Kotetsubin - Hemp & Saya - 500ml/cc - Small Iron Teapot Kettle
- We ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment. *The Economy shipping for this item is EMS (Free shipping). Please make sure to select 'Economy shipping' when you order.
- Calculated at checkout
- Current Stock:
FREE Economy Int'l Shipping
Item location: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
|Delivery:||Varies for items shipped from an international location
Seller ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment.
|Returns:||Please refer the return policy in detail.|
The Economy shipping for this item is EMS (FreeShipping-Worldwide with tracking & insurance). Please make sure to select 'Economy shipping' when you order. *Please do NOT select 'Standard & Expedited'
** This item is made hand so it may have a little difference in color and drape. It may take time (a few weeks) from your order to shipping. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.**
- This is a brand new arts and crafts item that was carefully created by a traditional Japanese artist.
- This is not an antique product.
- 100% made and crafted in Japan.
- It is not a one of a kind only production.
- Body: Rectangle
- Design: Lid: Hemp, Handle: Saya
- OK for Direct Fire
- This is the original iron kettle. You can put the iron kettle itself over the fire and boil the water.
- You can use it as a regular pot as well.
Takaoka Iron Kettle
Takaoka Iron Kettles are iron kettles produced in Takaoka City, Toyama Prefecture.
The biggest feature of the Takaoka Iron Kettle is a unique technique known as "Wax Casting" which creates a beautiful background pattern.
It's history dates back to more than 400 years ago and its delicate yet dynamic technique has been passed on generation after generation by Takaoka craftsmen.
This product is created by skilled craftsmen with the supervision of "Shobei" who represent the Takaoka Iron.
Each craftsman has his own role in each step such as fabricating parts or finishing up the art work, and they spend an enormous amount of time and effort to create this one of a kind product.
Body: After casting, firing and original coloring is applied to make this product solid and strong.
Handle: Manufactured using wrought iron for its form and flexibility. There is no other kind to compare.
Lid: Perfectly weighed lid is something that Takaoka Iron is famous for. Enjoy the color change as it ages.
Born in 1943, living in Takaoka City, Toyama Prefecture
He became independent in 1971 to set up a studio in Takaoka City.
He has been specializing in cast iron kettles and tea ceremony utensil creations since then.
He has received varying awards of exhibitions and contests.
Beautiful gold and silver inlays are one of the Takaoka Iron Kettle’s biggest features as well.
A craftsman fits gold and silver leaf on each metal surface to create delicate and luxurious work.
This cannot be achieved by mass production, Takaoka Iron Kettles are truly gems of arts and crafts.
There are two inlaying methods:
- Nunome Zogan (Fabric Pattern Inlay)
Created by small scratch like fabric patterns on the surface and the application gold and silver leaf.
This method is commonly used for creating gorgeous patterns with gold and silver.
- Sen Zogan (Wire Inlay)
Create lines on the surface that embeds finely cut silver leaf.
This method makes the patterns’ outline or edge effectively stand out.
Country: Takaoka city, Toyama pref, Japan
Size: H16 * W16 * D10.5 cm (H6.3 * W6.3 * D4.13 inc)
Volume: 500 ml/cc
Weight: 1.1 kg / 2.43 lbs
- Body: Iron
- Inlays: Real Gold and silver leaf
- Lid: Brass
- Handle: Copper/Bronze
Paulownia Wooden Box:
- Comes with a note of authenticity
- Box Weight: 0.7 kg / 1.54 lbs