- Japan Crafts Oshima : Ishikawa
- [VALUE] KABUKI NATSUME - 2 Color - Tea Caddy Storage Canister
JAPAN CRAFTS OSHIMA
[VALUE] KABUKI NATSUME - 2 Color - Tea Caddy Storage Canister
- The Economy shipping for this item is Int'l e-packet (Free shipping). Please make sure to select 'Economy or Expedited shipping' when you order.
- Calculated at checkout
- Current Stock:
FREE Economy Int'l Shipping
Item location: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
|Delivery:||Varies for items shipped from an international location
Seller ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment.
|Returns:||Please refer the return policy in detail.|
The Economy shipping for this item is Int'l e-packet (FreeShipping-Worldwide with tracking & insurance). Please make sure to select 'Economy shipping' when you order. *Please do NOT select 'Standard'
** This item is made hand so it may have a little difference in color and drape. It may take time (a few weeks) from your order to shipping. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.**
【Japan : Wooden lacquareware】Yamanaka Onsen Lacqure Studio - Japan Crafts Oshima About Yamanaka lacquareware
It is believed that Yamanaka Onsen (hotspring) was originally opened about 1300 years ago. Located in Kaga-shi, Ishikawa prefecture, Yamanaka Onsen has a long history of high quality spring water. This place was also visited by the well-known poet Matsuo Basho (‘Oku no Hosomichi’) as well as the literati and calligraphers. The traditional craftmanship that was passed on for generations in this town is ‘Yamanaka lacqureware’
‘Lacqureware’ is a traditional Japanese craft made from wood coated with lacqure painting.
Yamanaka lacqureware is made by ‘completely devided labor process’ ,which is very rare in modern day in Japan. Because of the intense labor and artistry, each artisan shows his pride and strong technique in each process.
The process can be divided into following 6 stages.
1) ’Wood carving’ - Making the wood base in a rough complete shape
2 ) ‘Finish carving’ - Using a potter’s wheel to carve (or grind) for fine and delicate details. ... With this potter’s wheel grind, Yamanaka lacqure is believed to be the best technique in Japan.
3) ‘Priming’ - Applying primer to the wooden base
4) ‘Rubbing lacqure’ - Rubbing raw lacqure into the wooden base
5) ‘Coating’ - Applying refined lacqure
6) ‘Maki-e/Foil Processing’ - Applying delicate and beautiful decoration to finish
Each process is completed by a professional artisan. Like a relay race when each athlete passes a baton, high quality technique and craftmanship is carried through to the last process in order to complete each piece.
【Long established Yamanaka lacquareware、EAbout Japan Crafts Oshima
Founded in 1909, one of the oldes established Yamanaka wooden lacquareware studio ‘Japan Crafts Oshima’ is currently run by the 4th generation, Mr. Oshima Taro. (He is also a great friend of TOKYO MATCHA SELECTION CEO)
‘For the future of lacqueaware, I must add or create a new value to the existing tradition.’
Mr. Taro is trying to change the ‘Simple, fine yet high-end’ impression towards the lacquaware to also add ‘more daily use’ concept, and is busy spending every day to develop and design new products.
・’Otama Wan’ is a bowl specific for egg on rice bowl dish.
・’motchu’ is an aid device for holding a straw for babies and infants
His original craftmanship and technique have been already implemented in these unique products, and they can be purchased as well.
'I would like to keep producing something that is outside of the traditional lacquerwares box.’
Keep an eye on new products coming up from Japan Crafts Oshima.
- Matcha Storage
- 30g (1.05oz)
*Measurements above are approximate
- NOT use a dish washer and the tableware drier.
- NOT use of a microwave oven. (cause of a fire)
- A high fever causes discoloration, a crack, and peeling.
- NOT use polishing powder.
- When the hole of a main part becomes dirty, please wash with the brush for straws, etc.