Imari Porcelain Tea Canister [Persimmon]
- $67.99 (You save $17.00)
- We ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment.
- Calculated at checkout
Expedited Int'l Shipping（Express）
Item location: Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Varies for items shipped from an international location
Seller ships within 3 days after receiving cleared payment.
|Returns:||Please refer the return policy in detail.|
- Imari-yaki tea canister with a design of persimmon.
- Imari-yaki is a porcelain made in Arita region of former Hizen Province (today's Saga Prefecture) in Kyushu, Japan. Originally known as Arita-yaki, named after its production region, it became to be known as Imari-yaki when the porcelain was exported to Europe in the 17th century from Imari port, Saga. Ko-imari, literally old imari in Japanese, refers specifically to Imari ware produced in the Edo period (17th-19th century). Today the name Arita-yaki is distinguished from Imari-yaki: porcelain made in Arita is called Arita-yaki and in Imari as Imari-yaki.
- Aritayaki Tea Canister:
- This refined Arita-yaki tea canister is decorated with serene landscape in single blue color. It comes with a plastic inner cap to keep the canister airtight, protecting the tea leaves from moisture.
- 7 cm (2.76 in)
- 12 cm (4.72 in)
- 330 grams (11.64 oz)
- 100 grams (3.53 oz) (Measurement may change depending on the type and size of tea leaves)
- BOX SIZE
- length 20 cm (7.87 in) x width 12.3 cm (4.84 in) x height 8.6 cm (3.39 in)
- Measurements above are approximate
- Body: Porcelain; inner lid: plastic
- Plastic inner lid will keep the canister airtight, preventing moisture and keeping tea leaves fresh.